Girl Scout Cookies Ordering Now Available Through Grubhub – Those yummy cookies the Girl Scouts sell now can be sold and delivered to you via Grubhub. #GirlScouts #GirlScoutCookies #Grubhub
Girl Scout Cookies Ordering Now Available Through Grubhub
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) kicked off the 2021 Girl Scout Cookie season nationally, during a challenging time when many Girl Scouts are selling in creative, socially distant, and contact-free ways to keep themselves and their customers safe. Even in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, girls are adapting their sales methods to share the joy of Girl Scout Cookies through the largest girl-led entrepreneurship program—including taking contact-free pickup and delivery orders through a new national collaboration with Grubhub. Additionally, GSUSA is making online cookie ordering available nationwide on February 1, 2021 so consumers who don’t know a Girl Scout can still purchase cookies from a local troop for direct shipment to their homes or donation to local organizations.
Innovative Girl-led Sales Methods
The Girl Scout Cookie Program has long taught girls how to run a business via in-person booths, door-to-door activity, and the Digital Cookie® platform online, which GSUSA launched in 2014. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit in the middle of the 2020 season and girls were faced with the same challenges as other small businesses, they quickly pivoted their sales methods. From running virtual cookie booths on social media to setting up drive-through locations to facilitating orders that ship directly to customers’ doors, girls as young as five years old are continuing to embrace their entrepreneurial spirits, stay connected to their communities, and have fun by participating in the cookie program. And, the proceeds from each and every purchase stay local with the troop and its council to power Girl Scouts’ essential leadership programming.
“We’re proud of the resourceful ways Girl Scouts are running their cookie businesses safely and using their earnings to make the world a better place,” said interim GSUSA CEO Judith Batty. “This season, our girls will continue to exemplify what the cookie program taught them—how to think like entrepreneurs, use innovative sales tactics, and pivot to new ways of doing business when things don’t go according to plan. The cookie program is what keeps Girl Scouts thriving in communities across the country and is proven to build girls’ leadership skills and help them become successful in life.”
Ordering Now Available Through Delivery Platform Grubhub
This season, GSUSA is collaborating with food ordering and delivery platform Grubhub so girls have another way to facilitate contact-free cookie orders. In select markets, with additional markets added throughout cookie season, consumers can order Girl Scout Cookies for pickup or delivery on Grubhub.com or the Grubhub app. A hands-on experience in managing e-commerce, local Girl Scouts will track and fulfill orders, manage inventory, and more, all using Grubhub’s back-end technology. As always, the proceeds benefit the troop and council while providing another innovative way to safely run the cookie program virtually. GSUSA is grateful to Grubhub for waiving all fees for the organization to make this new delivery option feasible for sales without reducing troops’ and councils’ proceeds. To kick off the collaboration, Grubhub is offering free delivery on Girl Scout Cookie orders through February 14 with a minimum purchase of $15*.
Online Ordering Available Nationwide February 1
GSUSA is making it possible for all consumers nationwide who don’t already know a Girl Scout to purchase Girl Scout Cookies online for shipment to their doors. Beginning February 1, customers can enter their zip code into the Girl Scout Cookie Finder to find a local troop to purchase from through the Digital Cookie platform for direct shipment or donation to local organizations. This additional contact-free method supports local girls while keeping their safety and skill building top of mind.
“Like other people running small businesses, Girl Scouts are growing their cookie sale online to connect to consumers who may be harder to reach during the pandemic, all while staying resilient and learning skills such as money management, goal setting, and customer service,” said Batty. “We are excited to open virtual cookie booths beginning February 1 to customers who don’t know a Girl Scout so they can still support girls during this challenging time for all of us.”
This year, Girl Scouts in select areas will offer the new Toast-Yay!™ cookie, a French toast–inspired cookie dipped in delicious icing and full of flavor in every bite. Toast-Yay! gives consumers a new way to celebrate moments of joy alongside other favorites, like Thin Mints® and Samoas®/Caramel deLites®. And though social distancing measures may keep families and friends apart, cookie customers can share joy and stay connected this season through a gift-box option that ships directly to others via the Digital Cookie platform.
How to Safely Purchase Girl Scout Cookies This Season
Girl Scout Cookie season is recognized nationally from January through April, but local timing and product availability varies, so contact your local council for more information. Consumers can support Girl Scouts by purchasing cookies in a few different ways:
- If you know a registered Girl Scout, reach out to her to find out how she’s selling cookies in ways that meet local and state safety protocols.
- If you don’t know a Girl Scout, visit www.girlscoutcookies.org, text COOKIES to 59618 (message and data rates may apply. Text STOPGS for STOP, HELPGS for help), or use the official Girl Scout Cookie Finder app for free on iOS or Android devices to find socially distant or contact-free cookie booths if they are available in your area.
- Visit www.grubhub.com/food/girl_scouts to find out if and when contact-free delivery from Grubhub is available in your area.
- GSUSA is also grateful to GNC for opening space outside their retail locations for Girl Scouts to sell cookies in a safe and socially distant manner, when allowed by local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Beginning February 1, enter your zip code into the Girl Scout Cookie Finder at www.girlscoutcookies.org to purchase from a local Girl Scout troop online for shipment to your door or to donate cookies to first responders and local causes.
We’re Girl Scouts of the USA
We’re 2.5 million strong—more than 1.7 million girls and 750,000 adults who believe in the power of every G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ to change the world. Our extraordinary journey began more than 100 years ago with the original G.I.R.L., Juliette Gordon “Daisy” Low. On March 12, 1912, in Savannah, Georgia, she organized the very first Girl Scout troop, and every year since, we’ve honored her vision and legacy, building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. And with programs from coast to coast and across the globe, Girl Scouts offers every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success. To volunteer, reconnect, donate, or join, visit www.girlscouts.org .
Grubhub is a leading online and mobile food-ordering and delivery marketplace with the largest and most comprehensive network of restaurant partners, as well as nearly 30 million active diners. Dedicated to connecting diners with the food they love from their favorite local restaurants, Grubhub elevates food ordering through innovative restaurant technology, easy-to-use platforms and an improved delivery experience. Grubhub features over 300,000 restaurants and is proud to partner with approximately 245,000 of these restaurants in over 4,000 U.S. cities. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, LevelUp, AllMenus and MenuPages.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Follow on Social Media
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- The origins of the leprechaun mythThe origins of the leprechaun myth - Leprechaun imagery is ubiquitous during St. Patrick's Day celebrations, but even the most ardent Paddy's Day revelers may know little about these mythical creatures. #leprechauns The origins of the leprechaun myth appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The… Read more »
- Daylight Savings Time Parody by the Holderness FamilyDaylight Savings Time Parody by the Holderness Family to the tune of a Green Day Song - A reminder to set your clocks ahead an hour! #daylightsavings #daylightsaving #springforward #parody #timechange Daylight Savings Time Parody by the Holderness Family appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- Free Bible Verses via SMS Sent directly to your PhoneGet free Bible verses delivered to your phone via SMS. #Bible #SMS #Txt #free Free Bible Verses via SMS Sent directly to your Phone appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Free Bible Verses via SMS Sent directly to your Phone ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- CDC Issues First Set of Guidelines on How Fully Vaccinated People Can Visit Safely with OthersSteveZ MaskZ CDC Issues First Set of Guidelines on How Fully Vaccinated People Can Visit Safely with Others - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued its first set of recommendations on activities that people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can safely resume. CDC Issues First Set… Read more »
- The Penny ChallengeThe Penny Challenge - Here is a challenge about worship using a penny that you will carry in your hand for one day. You cannot put it down or away. Are you up for this challenge? (Printable version included) #PennyChallenge The Penny Challenge appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- National Mario DayNational Mario Day - a day that honors Mario from the popular Nintendo game. If you grew up in the 80's, you might remember playing Mario Brothers. #MarioDay #MarioBrothers National Mario Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Mario Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Slammed for wearing a face mask in car aloneSteveZ MaskZ Slammed for wearing a face mask in car alone - There are plenty of reasons why a person in their car alone is wearing a face mask and there is no need to slam them. Slammed for wearing a face mask in car alone appeared first on SteveZ… Read more »
- International Bagpipe DayInternational Bagpipe Day a day to go out and play your bagpipe anywhere and to everyone you can. #InternationalBagpipeDay #BagpipeDay International Bagpipe Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at International Bagpipe Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Proverbs 8Proverbs 8: Day 8 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter Eight of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs8#bgbg2 #31DayProverbsChallenge Proverbs 8 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 8 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Proverbs 7Proverbs 7: Day 7 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter Seven of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs7 #bgbg2 #31DayProverbsChallenge Proverbs 7 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 7 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!