If Everyone Jumps off the Bridge, Would You? Talk about the old saying if so-and-so would jump off a bridge would you? Doing what the world does and not what the Word of God says. Well everyone is doing it, why shouldn’t I! Just because everyone’s doing it doesn’t make it right.
If Everybody Jumped off the Bridge Would You?
The Bible is rather clear. We are not to be of the world or even love the world. That means are to be set apart from the world. We are not do so what the world does.
We should be doing the things of God and what God wants us to do. Doing His Will! Not ours! We still have to remember it is okay if the world hates us. Jesus told us the world hated Him before it hated the rest of us. (John 15:18-27).
When in Rome!
So stop trying to please the world. We answer to God not man! Please God! Put God first! Stop doing what the world does. The old saying, When in Rome, do as the Romans do! That is no true! When in Rome we should do what God wills us to do! The same applies to no matter where we are.
Just because everyone is doing it, doesn’t make it right. If it goes against the Word of God it is wrong! It is a sin! So stop justifying your sin! Obey God and listen to Him! Seek out His will in your life and not the worlds or your own selfish will.
Stop jumping off the bridge because everyone else is doing that. Remember the wages of sin is death. But the good news is God sent His Son, Jesus to die for us to save us.
Bible Verses to look into
- John 15:19 – If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
- 1 John 2:15 – Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
- Romans 12:2 – And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- 2 Corinthians 6:17 – Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:22 – Abstain from all appearance of evil.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.