‘Evelyn’s Law’ advances in Tennessee General Assembly that would penalize parents who don’t report a child missing in a timely manner #EvelynBoswellsLaw #EvelynBoswell
‘Evelyn’s Law’ advances in Tennessee General Assembly that would penalize parents who don’t report a child missing in a timely manner
Tennessee lawmakers have advanced a proposal that would penalize parents who don’t report a child missing in a timely manner. House Bill 384 and Senate Bill 327 were passed on second reading in both chambers on Wednesday (February 10, 2021).
Last year, they tried to pass this bill, but it got stalled. When this bill is passed and signed as a law called “Evelyn Boswell’s Law,” named after the Sullivan County toddler who was reported missing before investigators eventually found her body on a family member’s property last year.
Boswell was reported missing in February 2020, but authorities reported she hasn’t been seen since December of 2019. Her body was found in March 2020.
Evelyn’s mother, Megan Boswell, is facing multiple charges, including felony murder, in connection with her daughter’s death.
Evelyn Boswell’s Law would require parents to report their child missing within 24 hours of determining that the child is missing, if the child is 12 years or younger.
Failure to do so would be a Class A misdemeanor.
A person who falsely accuses a parent of failing to report a missing in a timely manner could be charged with making a false report as well.
The House bill will now move to the House Criminal Justice Subcommittee while the Senate version will be taken up by the Senate Judiciary Committee. Which would make Evelyn Boswell’s Law effective July 1, 2021, if passed.
Does your state face a similar law?
Feel free to share about it and where you are located in the comments below.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Ten Years Blogging at CourageousChristianFather.comTen Years Blogging at CourageousChristianFather.com - I’ve been blogging since around 2004, so a good 18 years, but I have been blogging on this domain since 2012, 10 years now! I call my blogging anniversary my blogaversary, a play on words. #blogaversary #bloganniversary Ten Years Blogging at CourageousChristianFather.com appeared first… Read more »
- World Teachers DayWorld Teachers Day - A day to honor teachers world wide. Also known as International Teachers Day #WorldTeachersDay #TeachersDay World Teachers Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at World Teachers Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Christian Blogger DayChristian Blogger Day - This day is for all of those who are a Christian Blogger to show case their Christian Blog. #ChristianBloggerDay Christian Blogger Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Christian Blogger Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner