‘Evelyn’s Law’ advances in Tennessee General Assembly that would penalize parents who don’t report a child missing in a timely manner #EvelynBoswellsLaw #EvelynBoswell
‘Evelyn’s Law’ advances in Tennessee General Assembly that would penalize parents who don’t report a child missing in a timely manner
Tennessee lawmakers have advanced a proposal that would penalize parents who don’t report a child missing in a timely manner. House Bill 384 and Senate Bill 327 were passed on second reading in both chambers on Wednesday (February 10, 2021).
Last year, they tried to pass this bill, but it got stalled. When this bill is passed and signed as a law called “Evelyn Boswell’s Law,” named after the Sullivan County toddler who was reported missing before investigators eventually found her body on a family member’s property last year.
Boswell was reported missing in February 2020, but authorities reported she hasn’t been seen since December of 2019. Her body was found in March 2020.
Evelyn’s mother, Megan Boswell, is facing multiple charges, including felony murder, in connection with her daughter’s death.
Evelyn Boswell’s Law would require parents to report their child missing within 24 hours of determining that the child is missing, if the child is 12 years or younger.
Failure to do so would be a Class A misdemeanor.
A person who falsely accuses a parent of failing to report a missing in a timely manner could be charged with making a false report as well.
The House bill will now move to the House Criminal Justice Subcommittee while the Senate version will be taken up by the Senate Judiciary Committee. Which would make Evelyn Boswell’s Law effective July 1, 2021, if passed.
Does your state face a similar law?
Feel free to share about it and where you are located in the comments below.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Winter Jam 2022 Artist & Cities AnnouncedThe East Coast The East Coast Winter Jam 2022 Artist & Cities Announced has been announced. #WinterJam #JamNation #WinterJam22 #WinterJam2022 Winter Jam 2022 Artist & Cities Announced appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Winter Jam 2022 Artist & Cities Announced ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly