I just recently watched two movies. The Encounter (2010) and The Encounter: Paradise Lost (2012). Both two great movies. What if you had an experience a life altering experience. What if you met a man, a man that knew everything about you. Your past and your future. I mean every thing about you, the darkest and the worst. What if this man can offer hope and a change. Since this post came out, I updated it with The Encounter The Series too.
The Encounter & The Encounter: Paradise Lost Movie Reviews & Trailers
Find out the stories of these people that come to meet Jesus (played by Bruce Marchiano). Find out if they accept Jesus or not. While there be a change of a new creation or not. Or will Deville (the Devil – played by Kass Connors) convince them that He is not Jesus.
Both movies the people face various sins from their past, include each one a couple that is married that seemed the marriage was ready to end. Bad past such as drugs, abuse, pride and more. Find out what happens in both of these movies. Just the like the movies, The Encounter TV Series covers all kinds of past of people to watch too.
I enjoyed both of these movies. This movie is Biblically sound too. A lot of scripture based as Jesus is talking, even some of the people Jesus is talking to. In the first movie, The Encounter, five strangers come together at a diner. The second movie, The Encounter: Paradise Lost has seven strangers on an island with a tsunami approaching. Then the TV Series info is below. But in each movie and TV series each person is given the chance to accept or reject Jesus, just like in real life. Will you accept Jesus Christ or will you reject him?
I highly recommend both of these movies and the TV series too! This review of these movies were written out of my own free will. I did not get a free movie or anything out of it, I just enjoyed this movie so much that I wanted to share this movie with my readers. As you watch this Pure Flix film, you will recognize some of the actors and actresses in this movie, like David A.R. White, who played Pastor Dave in God’s Not Dead & God’s Not Dead 2. In The Encounter: Paradise Lost White plays, Rik Caperna, a police officer.
The writer, Sean Paul Murphy, thanked me for this review that I did on my own too.
Below are the trailers to the two movies.
The Encounter: Paradise Lost
Did you watch either of these movies? If so, I want to hear from you. Did you enjoy these movies?
Pure Flix is now putting out The Encounter Series available to watch on the Pure Flix Digitial.
I watched the complete season just now. It took around 4 hours or more to watch all 8 episodes. Each episode is about 30 minutes in length. You will notice a lot of actors and actresses from other Pure Flix Films like Do You Believe? The Encounter the Series keeps the same format as the two movies but in a TV type series. A New theme, new people that Jesus visits and talks to. Even Deville (Devil) makes an appearance too. Each episode Jesus comes in a different form of a servant.
This is the episode list in Season 1.
- The Encounter (Season 1) – A desperate pair of brothers are attempting a convenience store “heist” that has turned potentially lethal. With time running out, can “The Man”, appearing as the store’s cashier, deliver a less deadly outcome to the situation?
- U-Turn – A mysterious highway construction worker may be the only one who knows how to help an urbanite who can’t escape her tiny hometown.
- Her Final Role – As an aging movie star faces the end of her career, she desperately clings to her identity defined by her wealth and fame. Damaged by harsh relationships of her past, can “The Man” help restore her broken life and shattered dreams.
- Just Believe – Bound by skepticism and unbelief, a burned-out ER doctor has lost faith in God. Can his callused heart move beyond his pessimism when “The Man” demonstrates the power of prayer?
- Vows – On the brink of eloping, a young couple finds their plans examined by “The Man” and begin to question own their intentions for marriage and if they are truly ready to take their vows? Can The Man help them down the aisle?
- Disconnected – Amidst a power blackout, a technology-obsessed suburban family discovers just how disconnected they have become from each other. Can “The Man” a mysterious power company employee, reconnect them?
- For Better, For Worse – A married couple on the edge of divorce find their last hope for reconciliation when “The Man” as a Social Worker, befriends their young daughter. Can the husband defeat his demons and be the spouse and father he needs to be?
- Maximum Mike – In this final episode of season 1 – A cold-hearted judge finds himself on trial when “The Man” appears in court to advocate for a young offender. Will “The Man” offer the mercy and forgiveness that the judge denied to so many others?
I am looking forward to seeing Season 2 and so on.
The actor who played Jesus is Bruce Marchiano. If you like the Encounter movies and tv shows, you will like these other films where Marchiano plays Jesus in a similar form.
- The Encounter Series … Jesus (episode 1-8, 2016)
- Alison’s Choice (2015) … Janitor/Jesus
- The Black Rider: Revelation Road (2014) … Jesus
- Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire (2013) … Jesus
- Revelation Road : The Beginning of the End (2013) … The Stranger/Jesus
- The Encounter: Paradise Lost (2012) … Jesus
- The Encounter (2010) … JesusFirst published January 25, 2015. Last republished/updated April 26, 2017.
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.