Eiffel Tower Day – A Day that commemorates the opening of the Eiffel Tower (tour Eiffel) in 1889 for the World’s Fair. Remind me of the Knoxville Sunsphere. Learn more about this famous tower in France. (Jour de la Tour Eiffel – Fréquentation de la tour Eiffel)
Eiffel Tower Day
Held annually on March 31. In 2019, it will mark the 130th year. The Eiffel Tower is located in Paris, France on Champ de Mars. They chose the day to celebrate on because of the opening date of the Eiffel Tour.
Jour de la Tour Eiffel -French for Day of the Eiffel Tower or Eiffel Tower Day
Fréquentation de la tour Eiffel – French for Attendance of the Eiffel Tower
|Construction started:||January 28, 1887|
|Completed:||March 15, 1889|
|Opening:||March 31, 1889|
Progress photos from WikiPedia.
Facts about the Eiffel Tower
- 324 metres (1,063 ft) tall, about the same height as an 81-storey building.
- Used for the 1889 World’s Fair
- Wrought iron lattice tower
- Second tallest structure in France.
- Three levels for visitors, with restaurants on the first and second levels.
- Has observation level, similar to the Knoxville’s Sunsphere.
- Was the tallest in the world from 1889 to 1930.
- Named after the engineer, Gustave Eiffel.
- Paris, Tennessee has a mini replica of the Eiffel Tower? I haven’t not yet to go see that!
Know any other facts to add?
Feel free to share in the comments below and I may just add them to this list!
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.