It has been awhile since I have shared a recipe with you all. So I was looking online for a cool one to share with my readers. I came across this one. It looks rather good. I think I may make this one day soon. Enjoy and let me know what you all think about this if you make it!
This recipe may make a great idea for your next church social event, small group event or just because.
- 16 fully cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) sliced stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bag (10 ounces or larger) tortilla chips, any variety
- Grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
• Cut meatballs into quarters. In a large frying pan, sauté the onion and bell pepper in oil over medium-high heat until tender.
• Stir in meatballs and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes and beans.
• Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking apart tomato chunks.
• Spoon meat mixture over individual servings of tortilla chips. Sprinkle cheese over top and garnish with sour cream.
Personal note from me: I am sure the toppings can be endless depending on your likes and preferences and those of your kids or the people you are feeding.
Makes 8−10 servings.
Variation: Meat filling can also be served burrito style, in warm flour tortillas.
Compliments of NAPSnet.com