It has been awhile since I have shared a recipe with you all. So I was looking online for a cool one to share with my readers. I came across this one. It looks rather good. I think I may make this one day soon. Enjoy and let me know what you all think about this if you make it!
This recipe may make a great idea for your next church social event, small group event or just because.
- 16 fully cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) sliced stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bag (10 ounces or larger) tortilla chips, any variety
- Grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
• Cut meatballs into quarters. In a large frying pan, sauté the onion and bell pepper in oil over medium-high heat until tender.
• Stir in meatballs and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes and beans.
• Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking apart tomato chunks.
• Spoon meat mixture over individual servings of tortilla chips. Sprinkle cheese over top and garnish with sour cream.
Personal note from me: I am sure the toppings can be endless depending on your likes and preferences and those of your kids or the people you are feeding.
Makes 8−10 servings.
Variation: Meat filling can also be served burrito style, in warm flour tortillas.
Compliments of NAPSnet.com
Please feel free to comment with suggestions and also feel free to share this recipe using the sharing buttons below!
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.