Dog Farting Awareness Day – Yes you saw that right! Yes Dogs Fart just like people do. Laugh it up! Find out more about this unusual and stinky holiday.
Dog Farting Awareness Day
You dog lovers and parents of the dog furbaby kind know Dogs Fart. That is why there is a dog farting awareness day. It doesn’t matter what breed of dog or the size of the dog … ALL DOGS FART! Just like all people fart! Yes, ladies you do fart aka pass gas or toot.
This day was raised as a concern about dogs farting. So yes, the dog did it! This stinky holiday is held annually on April 8 to help raise awareness that dogs do fart.
Did you know there is a book about a dog farting? Walter the Farting Dog is the title character of a series of children’s books written by William Kotzwinkle and Glenn Murray, and illustrated by Audrey Colman. The first book was published in 2001.
Swallowing air is the main source behind a fart. So maybe allowing fido to stick he head out of the car window while you are driving down the road may not be a good idea after all. After all, fido is swallowing air thus causing dog farts.
- Dogs eating treats containing charcoal, Yucca schidigera, and zinc acetate will continue to fart but will produce less-stinky farts.
- Veterinarians remind that a number of factors are behind a farting dog, including a sedentary lifestyle, eating quickly and swallowing air, as well as chowing down on difficult-to-digest food. More on farting dogs at Pet MD.
- A dog will signal when it will fart, usually it looks like it is stretching, but really it just farted.
- Excessive farting could be a sign of malabsorption syndrome in animals and humans.
- The more hydrogen sulfide in a fart, the smellier it is.
- Other culprits causing dog farts include having a sedentary lifestyle and eating difficult to digest food such as soybeans, beans, spoiled food, high-fat food, high-fiber food, milk products, and spices.
- Gastrointestinal diseases, Inflammatory bowel disease, the inflammation of intestines because of a virus, irritable bowel syndrome, and neoplasia are also a factor in farting.
- Foods including bad foods
- Spoiled food
- High-fat diets
- Milk products
- High-fiber foods
So what are some other farting facts you think should be added?
Feel free to share in the comments below!
Does your dog fart?
Share about your dog farting in the comments below.
[tweetshare tweet=”Dog Farting Awareness Day! #DogFartingAwarenessDay ” quote=”Dog Farting Awareness Day! #DogFartingAwarenessDay “]
Check out this blog pots on a Dog Returns To Its Own Vomit!
First published April 5, 2018. Last updated or republished April 4, 2019.
3 thoughts on “Dog Farting Awareness Day”
Wonder of there is a Cat Farting Awareness Day?
I do not know. Googling Cat Farting Awareness Day only shows Dog Farting Awareness info. I guess you might have to come up with one. But according to catster, http://www.catster.com/cat-health-care/cat-farts-whats-normal-and-whats-not, most cat farts are odorless. By doing a Google Search on Cat Farting.
My dog farts all the time and sometimes its loud enough it seems to scare her which is a bit funny to watch lol