Do I have to dress up to go to church? You may have heard or maybe not, that you must dress up when you go to Church. Even hear that people will tell you to not come back due to the way you are dressed.
Do I have to dress up to go to church?
Do I really need to put on that suit and tie or that fancy dress when I go to church? Well, yes and no. I will share why I think that below. We should wear our best when we go, but then other part is Christ accepts us as we are. We do want to go decent. But the other factor is is the person saved or not, member of the church or not.
We shouldn’t be saying you cannot come to church because you are not dressed up, wearing a suit or a fancy dress. Who knows that could be the best clothing that person has. Plus, that could be the first time that person is in a church.
Dressing up could come down to personal conviction. Some believe you should while others say come as you are. It is non-essential for salvation on how you are dressed for church. Like I mentioned, we should never be told we must or must not. Nor be told not to come back for the way we are dressed. (Well, unless we are dressed inappropriate. For example ladies showing cleavage or for showing or any body parts showing or reveling.)
The other question is if you do dress up in a suite and tie or a fancy dress, are you doing it to impress people, the church members or others around you. If you are, then you are doing it for the wrong reason! We should never do anything or wear anything to impress people. We should do it for the glory of God alone!
When we belittle someone that is not dressed up for church, it could be a matter of make or break for them to start going to church and be saved or even a backsliden person to come back.
I usually wear jeans or slacks and a nice shirt. I very rarely wear a suit to church.
BTW I do believe that you shouldn’t wear a baseball cap or hat in church guys! Remove your lids!
What are your thoughts on what to wear for church?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- There Was Jesus is a Platinum SingleThere Was Jesus is now a Platinum Single - The hit Christian song There Was Jesus is a platinum single. #therewasjesus #ZachWilliams #DollyParton There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
- Prayer BoxThe Dollar Tree sells Prayer Boxes #prayerbox Prayer Box appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Prayer Box ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Threading ThursdaySteve Sews Stuff Threading Thursday we gotta have thread to sew or quilt! Threading Thursday I guess threading is almost everyday, but I picked Thursday since they both start with a T. I just might blog about thread. Who knows! If you want to make pot holders or bowl cozies,… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner