ChatPray app launches — the Christian WhatsApp alternative – ChatPray helps people connect spiritually, not just through chat but also in prayer. It’s designed to be as intuitive as WhatsApp, but unlike WhatsApp, does not consume and profit from user’s private data. #ChatPray #WhatsApp
ChatPray app launches — the Christian WhatsApp alternative
New research shows that during this last stressful year people have prayed more, felt more spiritual, and are looking for new ways of connecting spiritually online. ChatPray is designed to meet that need.
New research suggests that even as churches and other religious gatherings have been closed during the lockdown, there’s been a big increase in people turning to prayer and other forms of spirituality. In a survey of more than 500 people, 77% of respondents said that knowing they were being prayed for by others would help their mental health, 72% said they had prayed more, and 78% said they had felt more spiritual during COVID. When asked if they would like to explore new ways of connecting spiritually online, almost half (48%) said yes.
The free ChatPray app was recently launched in response to those needs. The app has been specifically designed as an intuitive way to help people connect with friends and family in prayer. With ChatPray, users can get notified that someone is praying for them right now.
Where existing chat apps have only a single thread of messages for each friend or group relationship, ChatPray always has two channels – a regular chat channel and a second “pray” channel to express the more important things. Every entry in the “pray” channel gets a “pray” button which, when pressed, increments a prayer counter. More importantly, it sends a notification to the author and anyone “@mentioned” in the prayer, to let them know they’re being prayed for. Prayers can be marked as “answered” too. When they are, a notification is sent to anyone who has ever prayed that prayer. ChatPray is designed to be as familiar and intuitive as WhatsApp but without requiring the mass of private data WhatsApp now seeks.
ChatPray also includes an easy and effective way to keep a journal of what and who really matters to you. It gives users a pair of personal channels where you can both “chat” with yourself and write and pray your own private prayers.
Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury says, “ChatPray is a wonderful new way for Christians to support each other and to pray together. It’s new and another step in using technology to serve the church. I know the people behind it and will give it a try.”
Father Christopher Jamison Abbot President of the English Benedictine Congregation says, “Whether we pray often or rarely, the ChatPray App helps us to know we’re not alone. You’re in my thoughts and prayers, we say. This App shows we mean it.”
Nicky Gumbel – founder of the Alpha Course says “Mark Wagner has been a pioneer in bringing the Christian message to the digital world and I applaud his efforts.”
Press Release that I am sharing. Courageous Christian Father has not tested nor is endorsing this app. If you have used this app, feel free to share in the comments below.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Follow on Social Media
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Proverbs 2Proverbs 2: Day 2 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter Two of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs2 #bgbg2 #31DayProverbsChallenge Proverbs 2 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 2 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Finding Your Spiritual Gifts TestFinding Your Spiritual Gifts Test - I have never taken a spiritual gifts test. I’ve been told by people that they see me having the gift of encouragement. However, I have never taken a test to see. #SpirtualGifts Finding Your Spiritual Gifts Test appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- Proverbs 1Proverbs 1: Today is Day 1 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter One of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs1 #bgb2 #31DayProverbsChallenge #ProverbsChallenge Proverbs 1 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 1 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- 31 Day Proverbs Challenge31 Day Proverbs Challenge - Proverbs Challenge: The 31 Day Proverbs Challenge is a challenge to read the Book of Proverbs in 31 days.Read one chapter per day for 31 days. Also includes a free Printable Checklist. 31 Day Proverbs Challenge appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- International STAND UP to Bullying DayInternational STAND UP to Bullying Day - an awareness holiday to raise awareness against bullying. #Bullying International STAND UP to Bullying Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at International STAND UP to Bullying Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian… Read more »
- National Chili DayNational Chili Day - That dish with beans that makes a warm hearty meal has it's own holiday! #ChiliDay National Chili Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Chili Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Spring Ahead! Daylight Saving Time BeginsIt’s that time again! Time to SPRING AHEAD! or Spring Forward however you want to look at it. Basically for most of us we set our clocks ahead an hour before we go to bed. If we don't we may be late for church or even work. #timechange #daylightsavingtime #springahead… Read more »
- Acronym for PushAcronym for Push - This is a Christian acronym for the word Push. I did not write this but, It has been around for a while. Acronym for Push appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Push ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!