During my May 10, 2014, visit to the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge, I got to talk to Crew Member, Hunter. She shared a lot of interesting things with my daughter and I. One of these is the rare Titanic Family, known as the Caldwell’s. Hunter shared they were third class passengers and also missionaries.
The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic.
She also shared an interesting story. Mr. Caldwell went to coal room which was of limits. He asked men if they would get a picture of him shoveling coal. The coal people were first to know of the sinking Titanic. The movie shows the gates got locked when the Titanic was sinking. It was the other way around in reality. During that time different social classes didn’t mix so gates were locked during the voyage. It was unlocked by crew to give the third class passengers a chance to live. Back to the coal crew. They went to seek out Mr. Caldwell and told him first of sinking of the Titanic. Said if you value you and your wife’s life to get off the ship now!
Well they made it to a lifeboat, but only women and children could board. Mind you a child on Titanic was 15 and younger. Well Mrs. Caldwell had a mental disorder that caused her shake a lot. So they made her husband board the lifeboat to hold his child. Every photo you see of the family has Mr. Caldwell holding their child.
Hunter also suggested a book, A Rare Titanic Family: The Caldwell’s Story of Survival, by Julie Hedgepeth Williams, to read and that is in the gift shop. It was expensive there for me. Being a single parent with custody and limited income I found as used book online for around $10 including shipping. I am not saying to not buy from the museum, if I wasn’t on a fixed income, I would have purchased it there. I am just giving you another option.
If you would like to learn more about the Caldwell family, then make sure you find that book and/or go visit the Titanic Museum and talk to the crew members there who will be more than glad to share with you what they know.
Albert and Sylvia
Learn more …
Hunter at Titanic Museum of Pigeon Forge.
A Rare Titanic Family: The Caldwell’s Story of Survival, by Julie Hedgepeth Williams
Titanic Museum Review | John Harper – Last Titanic Hero
The Caldwell Family – Missionaries Aboard the Titanic | The Titanic Bible
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Do not change God’s message church signDo not change God’s message church sign - This church sign from Tusculum Baptist Church in Tusculum, TN. Do not change God’s message church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Do not change God’s message church sign ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- Piedmont General Store Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff Piedmont General Store Barn Quilt - this barn quilt is in the Piedmont Community of Dandridge, TN and features Overall Bill on the quilt block. #OverallBill #BarnQuilt #PiedmontGeneralStore Piedmont General Store Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison SumacPoison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac #PoisonIvy #PoisonOak #PoisonSumac Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Happy Father’s DayHappy Father's Day! I share about the brief history of this day. I even share some much read Father related blog post. #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #Father #Dad #Daddy Happy Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Father’s Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes coolaluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool. When the temperatures rise method can help keep your home cooler. #aluminumfoil #blackoutwindows Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Aluminum foil… Read more »
- Dad sayingsDad sayings - when certain situations arise … here are some common sayings that dads say. Dadisms #dadisms #dadsayings #dad Dad sayings appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Dad sayings ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
First published October 24, 2014. Republished April 15, 2021.