During my May 10, 2014, visit to the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge, I got to talk to Crew Member, Hunter. She shared a lot of interesting things with my daughter and I. One of these is the rare Titanic Family, known as the Caldwell’s. Hunter shared they were third class passengers and also missionaries.
The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic.
She also shared an interesting story. Mr. Caldwell went to coal room which was of limits. He asked men if they would get a picture of him shoveling coal. The coal people were first to know of the sinking Titanic. The movie shows the gates got locked when the Titanic was sinking. It was the other way around in reality. During that time different social classes didn’t mix so gates were locked during the voyage. It was unlocked by crew to give the third class passengers a chance to live. Back to the coal crew. They went to seek out Mr. Caldwell and told him first of sinking of the Titanic. Said if you value you and your wife’s life to get off the ship now!
Well they made it to a lifeboat, but only women and children could board. Mind you a child on Titanic was 15 and younger. Well Mrs. Caldwell had a mental disorder that caused her shake a lot. So they made her husband board the lifeboat to hold his child. Every photo you see of the family has Mr. Caldwell holding their child.
Hunter also suggested a book, A Rare Titanic Family: The Caldwell’s Story of Survival, by Julie Hedgepeth Williams, to read and that is in the gift shop. It was expensive there for me. Being a single parent with custody and limited income I found as used book online for around $10 including shipping. I am not saying to not buy from the museum, if I wasn’t on a fixed income, I would have purchased it there. I am just giving you another option.
If you would like to learn more about the Caldwell family, then make sure you find that book and/or go visit the Titanic Museum and talk to the crew members there who will be more than glad to share with you what they know.
Albert and Sylvia
Learn more …
Hunter at Titanic Museum of Pigeon Forge.
A Rare Titanic Family: The Caldwell’s Story of Survival, by Julie Hedgepeth Williams
Titanic Museum Review | John Harper – Last Titanic Hero
The Caldwell Family – Missionaries Aboard the Titanic | The Titanic Bible
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- The Adventure Bible For Kids ReviewThe Adventure Bible For Kids Review I got to review this Bible for kids. #Bible #AdventureBible #bgbg2 #BibleGatewayPartner The Adventure Bible For Kids Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Adventure Bible For Kids Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- Twas the Day After Bible School PrintableTwas the Day After Bible School Printable - Here is a free printable about a poem about the day after Vacation Bible School. This talks about the day after Vacation Bible School is done. I also make up a printable version too. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool Twas the Day After Bible School… Read more »
- A-Z of Father’s DayA-Z of Father's Day - An A to Z list of things related to Father's Day and/or being a Dad. #FathersDay A-Z of Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music WorkaroundAlexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround - Get tired of Alexa not dismissing playing music? Here is one workaround. #Alexa #EchoDot Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2021… Read more »
- SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews StuffSteve Sews Stuff SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff - Steve shares stuff he sews such as face masks, zipper clutches, pocket tissue holders and much more. Plus Steve is learning how to quilt and will share that experience too. #Quilt #Sewing SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff… Read more »
- Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaningLeaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning - Have you ever seen coins on a gravestone. I’m talking about pennies nickels dimes and quarters. Have you ever wondered what they meant? Each coin has a significant meaning. Includes FREE printable version! Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning… Read more »
- 3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables - Are three printables great for your youth group, Vacation Bible School and small groups, etc. Try to find the hidden Bible Books of the Bible in a paragraph or two of words. #HiddenBooks #HiddenBooksBible #HiddenBooksoftheBible #FreePrintables 3 Hidden Books of… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
First published October 24, 2014. Republished April 15, 2021.