I was just curious one day I was eating my Cajun Peanuts I have and was wondering how to make homemade peanut butter and would what it would taste like Cajun style.
Homemade Cajun Peanut Butter
- Cajun Peanuts (plain or any other flavor)
- Real Local Honey
- Cooking Oil
- I got out my Magic Bullet blender. You can use your food processor or any other device similar to the Magic Bullet.
- Cracked open a handful of the Cajun Peanuts separating the nut from the shell.
- Placed the nuts in the container.
- Added about a cap-full of oil.
- Added 1 Tsp. of Local honey.
- Blended until smooth & creamy. I like mine a little chunky. So it had small chunks of peanuts left.
- Set in fridge in air tight container.
- Spread & Enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
I’m sure if you don’t like the Cajun are the spiciness you can just use regular peanuts or any other flavor and do the same thing. Maybe you can have the kids help and make it a family event.
Real local honey has some good benefits. It can help reduce allergies, but you must make sure it is local to your area. Honey also has flavonoids and antioxidants. Helps with digestion and is anti-bacterial. Plus much more.
Peanuts offer protein. They also have antioxidants. Plus they have vitamin E, niacin and manganese.
Just be careful some people have nut or other food allergies. Also oil will ad fat to it.
The small amount was enough to spread onto one sandwich. The Cajun peanuts gave it a bit of a kick with a sweetness taste from the honey.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.