Boy Scouts of America Anniversary – A day that is celebrated the anniversary of the founding of the Boy Scouts by Robert Baden-Powell. Did you know there was another guy who incorporated in the United States?
Boy Scouts of America Anniversary (Boy Scout Day)
Baden Powell founded the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) in 1910. Did you know that President Taft became the first honorary president of the BSA and Theodore Roosevelt first honorary
I am not sure when they first started to celebrate Boy Scout Day, the anniversary.
Incorporated by W.D. Boyce
Here is one that I didn’t know when I went to find more info for this blog post. I am actually surprised that I didn’t blog about Boy Scout Day sooner. Did you know W.D. Boyce is the one who incorporated the Boy Scouts of America? While W.D. Boyce was in London, England, in 1909, he came across an unknown Scout. That unknown scout helped W.D. Boyce who got lost. Boyce offered to pay that young man, but he refused saying it was a good deed done. He told Boyce that he was a Boy Scout and doing his daily good turn. That led Boyce to incorporate the Boy Scouts of American in 1910.
You might year to the Anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America as National Boy Scout Day. This is held annually February 8th.
2010 marked the 100th Anniversary! 2035, will mark the 125 Anniversary! Boy Scouts of American was originally called Scouting for Boys. Not to mention, February is Boy Scout Month.
- Boy Scouts of America incorporated 1910
- First Boy Scout Handbook published 1911
- Boys’ Life premiered 1911
- First Eagle Scout, Arthur R. Eldred 1912
- Scouting magazine premiered 1913
- Registration of Scouts began, 25¢ annual fee 1913
- Order of the Arrow began 1915
- Federal charter granted by Congress 1916
- First season at what would become Northern Tier High Adventure Base 1923
- Boy Scout membership tops 1 million 1925
- Cub Scout program began 1930
- Philmont donated to the BSA 1938
- First BSA Wood Badge course taught 1948
- First Pinewood Derby® held 1953
- Webelos program added to Cub Scouting 1954
- Exploring program began 1959
- Florida National High Adventure Sea Base officially opened 1980
- Tiger Cubs program added to Cub Scouting 1982
- 1 millionth Eagle Scout, Alexander M. Holsinger 1982
- Learning for Life program began 1991
- Venturing program began 1998
- 100 millionth member registered 2000
- 2 millionth Eagle Scout, Anthony Thomas 2009
Key Dates per NationalCalendar.com
I am just sad to see the way the Boy Scouts is moving.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.