Blessing Jar! Start the New Year off right! How about a great way to remember the blessings God has given you by using a mason jar, paper and a pen. Do this for one year and at the end of year, you can see and count all the blessings. #blessingjar
Blessing Jar Items Needed
- Mason Jar
- Note Paper
- Ink Pen
Easy enough only those three items are needed! That isn’t that many items. You might be able to give this as a gift to your family, church or youth group.
Maybe you can go for a colored mason jar (plain clear one can work too) and colored note paper to make a colorful Blessing Jar. Maybe keep a couple of ink pens near by.
The idea of this is simple. Anytime you are blessed with something. Write it down on one of the note paper and fold it up and place it in the mason jar. Make sure you fold it up! I might suggest that you add the date if you want small in the corner, but that is optional. Might help you remember when that blessing occurred.
This way you can count your many blessings and name them one by one this way. You just might see how blessed you truly are.
- Someone held the door for you when your hands were full.
- Made or bought my meal or something else.
- Given a random gift
- You got a promotion or new job
- New Car
- A New child or grand child
- Passed a class
- Endless possibilities
- Put a Bible verse that blessed you that day too
- Anything that made you feel blessed!
These blessings can be really small or they can be rather large. They can be really thing that you feel you were blessed. Remember blessings come from God. Don’t forget to thank Him for the blessings you get. God is always blessing us, this may be a great way to realize all the blessing we get every year.
We do tend to forget what God has done for us. God is our great provider and this would b ea great way to realize exactly what God hath done for us and all the manna you can say He hath provide us with. God gives us what we need and at times He will give us what we want.
You will continue to fill this jar up with these blessing that you are blessed with during the whole year, even if you get more than one in a day or a week etc. Just add all the blessings you receive in this Blessing Jar.
On New Years Day!
Then on New Years Day! Open the jar and read your blessing from the year. You just might be surprised on how blessed you truly are. This might be a great way to count your blessings.
Do you have a blessing jar? If so I want to hear from you. Tell me about your experience. Any pointers or suggestions you can think of to add? Any type of blessing that was very special to you?
New Year Related Blog Posts
- A-Z of New Years
- Baby New Year: The Origin
- Blessing Jar
- Calendar Changes God Doesn’t Change
- Calendar Changes God Never Does – Cheerful Hope Baptist Church Sign
- Changing Calendar Unchanging God Church Sign Arrowhead Church
- Christian New Year’s Resolutions
- Happy New Year | Feliz Año Nuevo | Bonne Année
- March 1 use to be the New Year
- New Year’s Traditions Around the World
- Origins of New Years Eve Traditions, The
- Times Square Confetti This Year Will Be in the Form of Wishes for New Years
- When The New Year Begins Across The Globe
- Year of the Lord
First published November 15, 2014. Last Republished or updated January 7, 2022. #BlessingJar
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- The Leaning Barn – propping me up on the leaning sideThe Leaning Barn - propping me up on the leaning side - “A pastor of a small church would occasionally call on one gentleman to pray, and every time this one particular guy would pray, he would end with the strangest statement, “And, oh Lord, prop us up on our… Read more »
- Born again not born against
- Gas pricesGas prices funny - These gas prices are probably the reason the armies in the Book of Revelation are riding horses.#gasprices Gas prices appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Gas prices ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to churchDon’t wait for the hearse to take you to church by then it’s too late! #church #bgbg2 #hearse Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to church appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to church ©2004-2022… Read more »
- What the world would be like if fabric did not existSteve Sews Stuff What the world would be like if fabric did not exist - this is how I think it might be if fabric didn’t exist. #fabric What the world would be like if fabric did not exist appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner