Bacon Lovers Day 🥓 – I love bacon! It is one of my favorite breakfast foods. Plus some facts about bacon. #BaconLoversDay
This day is held each year on August 20. This day was founded by Residents of Craig in Bradford, MA in 2000.
How do you like your bacon cooked? Crunchy or chewy? I like my chewy. I do not like it crunchy.
You can Fry It, Bake It, Candy It, Omelet it and much more!
I like bacon anytime and could eat it anytime too!
Now, Just Bacon Day is held annually on December 30.
- Bacon is one of the oldest processed meats in history. The Chinese began salting pork bellies as early as 1500 B.C.
- More than half of all homes (53%) keep bacon on hand at all times.
- Pregnant women should eat bacon. Choline, which is found in bacon, helps fetal brain development.
- Each year in the US more than 1.7 billion lbs. of bacon are consumed.
- With each American consuming 18 pounds per year.
- Bacon is said to cure hangovers.
- Word Refers to the back of the pig.
- Salt-cured pork.
- The first bacon factory opened in 1770, Wiltshire Cure.
- It helped make explosives during World War II (WWII).
- There is a Bacon Camp, Ann Arbor, MI, Camp Bacon.
- There is an Atheist Bacon Church. (Praise Bacon)
- In the United States bacon is eaten as
- 70% Breakfast
- 11% Lunch
- 2% Snack
- 71% Bacon with Eggs
- A single serving size of bacon is 3 medium-thick slices
- There is even a bacon scented cologne.
- The bacon scent appeals to males more than females.
- A 250 lb. pig yields about 23 lbs. of bacon.
- Those over the age of 34 are the majority eaters of bacon.
- Bacon is consumed
- 59% Weekdays
- 41% Weekends
- Romans call it Petaso.
First published August 18, 2019. Last updated or republished August 19, 2019.