A church that wants a better pastor can get one by praying for him – Prayer works and we ought to be praying for the pastor or pastors at our church.
A church that wants a better pastor can get one by praying for him
Instead of searching for the “perfect pastor” pray for your pastor! Praying for your pastor is very powerful, especially if the whole local church is praying for him.
You won’t find the “perfect pastor” because he is human, just like us. He sins too. We all sin, maybe a little different than each other. We make mistakes, just like he makes mistakes. He does have to set the better example though. He is also held at a higher accountability too.
God has washed us white as snow! We are just dirty rags and God choose to send His Son to save us!
Prayer works wonders. Yes! I know there are times when it is needed to look for a new pastor, but I mean what is that that makes you want a new pastor?
He preaches too long? too short? Too quiet? Too Loud? etc.
Make sure you are praying for your pastor daily and on all occasions.
Pray for his family too! Pray for your church family (local body) and even the Capital C Church, which is the whole family of God.
Include praying for yourself too! Maybe it is yourself that needs reflecting and not the pastor. Sometimes this is the case too.
Maybe it is best to pray for your pastor instead of ousting him. Yes, of course there are reasons to do that, but it needs to be done right too and still, you need to pray for him anyways.
Remember we sin too, just the same a pastor sins. We all sin!
Besides we often talk to others about the things of our pastor and if there is an issue, we should be going to him directly. Remember, first we go to our brother, make sure you don’t have that plank in your eye when you do! (Repent!)
If that doesn’t work, you go to others in the body. Use proper Church Disciple, which too many churches today just ignore.
Writing idea from “701 Sentence Sermons” a Book about attention getting quotes for church signs, bulletins, newsletters and sermons. And of course they can be used for writing prompts on blogs too. This book is by L. James Harvey. ISBN 0-8254-2889-0.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Follow on Social Media
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Power Band Witnessing Tool BraceletPower Band Witnessing Tool Bracelet (Salvation Bracelet) - A fun craft to make for church, youth group, camp, Vacation Bible School and more. A great way to share the gospel using God's colors on a bracelet. Power Band Witnessing Tool Bracelet appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- Easter SymbolsEaster Symbols - Easter is replete with many recognized symbols. Tradition plays an important role in Easter celebrations for many families. Cherished traditions and symbols of Easter may include anything from egg hunts to lilies to lambs. Understanding the importance behind these symbols can make sharing the miracle of Easter… Read more »
- Proverbs 2Proverbs 2: Day 2 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter Two of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs2 #bgbg2 #31DayProverbsChallenge Proverbs 2 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 2 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Finding Your Spiritual Gifts TestFinding Your Spiritual Gifts Test - I have never taken a spiritual gifts test. I’ve been told by people that they see me having the gift of encouragement. However, I have never taken a test to see. #SpirtualGifts Finding Your Spiritual Gifts Test appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- Proverbs 1Proverbs 1: Today is Day 1 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter One of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs1 #bgb2 #31DayProverbsChallenge #ProverbsChallenge Proverbs 1 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 1 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- 31 Day Proverbs Challenge31 Day Proverbs Challenge - Proverbs Challenge: The 31 Day Proverbs Challenge is a challenge to read the Book of Proverbs in 31 days.Read one chapter per day for 31 days. Also includes a free Printable Checklist. 31 Day Proverbs Challenge appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- International STAND UP to Bullying DayInternational STAND UP to Bullying Day - an awareness holiday to raise awareness against bullying. #Bullying International STAND UP to Bullying Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at International STAND UP to Bullying Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian… Read more »
- National Chili DayNational Chili Day - That dish with beans that makes a warm hearty meal has it's own holiday! #ChiliDay National Chili Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Chili Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Spring Ahead! Daylight Saving Time BeginsIt’s that time again! Time to SPRING AHEAD! or Spring Forward however you want to look at it. Basically for most of us we set our clocks ahead an hour before we go to bed. If we don't we may be late for church or even work. #timechange #daylightsavingtime #springahead… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!