8 Times Jesus bleed mentioned in the Bible – Did you know there are eight times mentioned in the Bible where Jesus shed his blood.
8 Times Jesus Bleed Mentioned in the Bible
- Garden of Gethsemane – In Luke 22:44 – Check out this post on Sweating Blood Prayer
- Stripes In His Back – In John 19:1 – This shows Jesus was hurt on the outside, externally.
- Bruised and Beaten – In Matthew 26:67 – This shows that Jesus was hurt under surface or on the inside, internally
- Crown of Thorns – In John 19:2 – These thorns could be around 3 inches long, drove right into the scalp of the head.
- Spikes in Hands – In Luke 24:39 -These spikes went all the way through his hands. These nails were maybe 7-9 inches in length.
- Spikes in Feet – In Luke 24:39 – These spikes went all the way through his feet. These nails were maybe 7-9 inches in length.
- Spear in Side – In Luke 19:34 – Used to make sure He was dead, out came a flow of water and blood, which indicated He was dead.
- In heaven He sprinkled His blood. In Hebrews 9:12 – Like sprinkling of the Blood in the Holy of Holies by the High Priest.
Some scholars and places will only say there are 7 times He bleed mentioned and they do not use the fact that He sprinkled his blood in Heaven, the 8th point.
As we know Luke was a doctor. You will see more details in the Gospel of Luke than the other Gospel Accounts.
But I have good news! Jesus is alive today! I serve a risen Savior! He arose from the dead! He conquered death! Plus, He conquered sin!