8 Times Jesus bled mentioned in the Bible – Did you know there are eight times mentioned in the Bible where Jesus shed his blood.
8 Times Jesus Bled Mentioned in the Bible
I have also included a free printable version below!
- Garden of Gethsemane – In Luke 22:44 – Jesus sweated blood! Check out this post on Sweating Blood Prayer
- Stripes In His Back – In John 19:1 – This shows Jesus was hurt on the outside, externally.
- Bruised and Beaten – In Matthew 26:67 – This shows that Jesus was hurt under surface or on the inside, internally.
- Crown of Thorns – In John 19:2 – These thorns could be around 3 inches long, drove right into the scalp of the head.
- Spikes in His Hands – In Luke 24:39 -These spikes went all the way through his hands. These nails were maybe 7-9 inches in length.
- Spikes in His Feet – In Luke 24:39 – These spikes went all the way through his feet. These nails were maybe 7-9 inches in length.
- Spear in His Side – In Luke 19:34 – Used to make sure He was dead, out came a flow of water and blood, which indicated He was dead.
- In Heaven He Sprinkled His Blood – In Hebrews 9:12 – Like sprinkling of the Blood in the Holy of Holies by the High Priest.
Download your FREE 8 Times Jesus Bled Mentioned in the Bible Printable below!
Right click, then save as pdf on the image above or click on the download button below!
Some scholars and places will only say there are 7 times He bled mentioned and they do not use the fact that He sprinkled His blood in Heaven, thus making the 8th point.
As we know Luke was a doctor. You will see more details in the Gospel of Luke than any other Gospel Accounts.
But I have good news! Jesus is alive today! I serve a risen Savior! He arose from the dead! He conquered death! Plus, He conquered sin!
First published July 23, 2018. Last updated or republished September 28, 2020.