8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross – What did Jesus accomplish on the Cross? Some say He came to make it possible to be saved. Others say that He came to save every single person who ever lived from Hell. What does the Bible say, though?
Listen to Jim McClarty explain from the Scriptures what Jesus accomplished, below are the eight key points with Bible references.
The 8 Accomplishments:
- He was the final sacrifice for sin. (Hebrews 9:24-26;Hebrews 10:11-12)
- Christ was the propitiation that satisfied the wrath of God. (Romans 3:25;1 John 4:10)
- Christ paid the redemption price to purchase guilty sinners. (Romans 3:23-24)
- Christ was the ransom paid to redeem sinners. (Matthew 20:28;1 Timothy 2:5-6)
- He made reconciliation between God and man. (Hebrews 2:17; Romans 5:10)
- He justified guilty sinners, satisfying God’s holy justice. (Isaiah 53:11;Acts 13:38-39;Romans 3:23-24)
- Christ sanctified those people, setting them apart as holy. (Hebrews 10:10;Hebrews 2:11)
- Christ perfected forever those that he bought, justified, and sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14)
What did you do? What needs to be added to what Jesus did? Jesus actually fully and totally saved His people on Calvary.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.