7 Deadly Sins – We hear about these type of sins most often around Halloween. So what are they?
In the late Sixth Century, Pope Gregory 1, identified seven categories of sin as deadly. They came form the Catholic church! They often call them the 7 Capital Sins because they lead to other sins.
Below are the list of those 7 Deadly Sins listed by the Catholic faith …
- pride – pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself: (1)
- envy – a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another’s advantages, success, possessions, etc. (2)
- wrath – vengeance or punishment as the consequence of anger. (3)
- gluttony – Pleasure of excessive eating and drinking. (4)
- lust – intense sexual desire or appetite.uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite; lecherousness. (5)
- sloth – habitual disinclination to exertion; indolence; laziness. (6)
- greed – excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions. (7)
This Bible doesn’t list these in a list as deadly. But you can find these sins mention in various places in the Bible.
Well, all sin is deadly, as it leads to death. See this blog post LSD of the Bible, Lust, Sin Death. The fact is all seven of these can relate and can involve more that one of them to do the other.
People think these are unforgivable sins, but that is not true! The good news is that ALL SIN can be forgiven. (except denying Christ). There is no sin greater or more deadly than the other either. Sin is Sin! For All have sinned! (Romans 3:23). But the Gift of God is eternal life through Christ. (Romans 6:23). No one can past the good person test! Reminder just one sin, can condemn a person. That is why we need Jesus Christ, who died for our sins.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.Romans 6:23
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.