I was trying to do a blog post a day for what I am thankful for and not always can I get Online to do that. I missed 3 days, Friday to Sunday.
I realized doing this I did find myself thanking God a lot throughout the day. Even the days I posted or didn’t post it on this blog. We should be thankful daily. Seeing that from not posting them too was wow!
It wasn’t until Sunday, November 10, 2013, that I got a better idea. An idea that would have you take time to truly reflect the blessings that God had done. Can you count your blessings and name them one by one? How about this, can you name 10,000 reasons why you are thankful?
In this blog post, I am gonna start, November 11, 2013 and go until I reach the 10,000th reason or until the day of Thanksgiving. Doing it as a prayer journal and name them as I think of them.
Often when we don’t stop and reflect; we tend to not notice it until something happens. We often remember the storms more than our blessings.
Doing this is challenging to stop and reflect. Working in this list a little at a time helped. I know it would be hard to sit down and try to do all 10,000 reasons at one time. We all get in twinned with family, work and much more we don’t take the time to reflect.
I may have not come up with 10,000 reasons, but I am sure God can see 10,000 or more reasons in my heart, cause he knows our heart. As Matt Redman’s song says:
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find
I am thankful or blessed for:
- God that He sent His Son died for my sins.
- Roof over my head
- My beautiful daughter
- My pastor, Pastor Bob Neal
- Loving Biblical based Church
- Bless that my daughter also serves in the church
- My godly girlfriend, Suzanne.
- Blessed to see her serving her church
- Food to eat
- Drink to drink
- Clothes to wear
- Having a job
- Live in a country where we can freely worship God
- Live in a country where we can freely vote for the godly person we believe God wants to run in that office
- Transportation, (having a car)
- My mother
- My sister
- My niece Mikayla
- My niece Megan
- My earthy father, despite he was never there, I do know my Heaven Father is always there.
- Rest of my family
- My associates degree in Graphic Design
- Andersonville Theological Seminary where I am working on my Bachelors in Theology.
- My great friend who is also a pastor, Justin Breeden
- Being blessed with this blog to share God’s word
- Gospel tracts to freely give to people to share God’s Word
- Gospel of Johns to freely give to people to share God’s Word
- Being able to work with the youth, my calling I feel, at my church
- God provides for me
- God delivers me
- That the Bible is not banded in my country
- My friends
- Being able to serve on the van ministry at church
- Great theologian: Charles Spurgeon
- Great theologian: Sidlow Baxter
- Internet: so I can do my more research on my Bible studies and lessons that I give
- Free bin at McKay’s used books where I can pick up free Christian books
- For the ability to see, I may be near sighted, but I still can see.
- For the ability to hear, I may be able to hear back ground noises better than foreground, but I can still hear.
- Ability to walk
- Ability to use my hands
- For a fairly healthy health
- Live in America, land of the free
- I have not got to see all 50 states, but bless I have got to see the stats I have.
- That I am an Eagle Scout
- Technology and how fast you can now get a message across to someone
- Christian music artist, who put out their music and give us inspiration and encouragement
- Christian Music stations that play nothing but Christian music
- For my gift of love
- For my gift of encouragement
- Assurance of knowing where I am going when I die
- Being able to out and witness with other believers
- God never leaves us, we may leave Him, but He is there waiting for us to come back.
- Godly people that are in my life
- I can freely pray for my friends, family, etc who are lost so they can be found
- I can freely say grace, blessing, etc before I eat at a restaurant
- Men and Woman who have fought to keep our freedoms in America. (both past, present and future)
- Team Kids and Team Youth at church, how you can learn from them and watching them grow toward Christ.
- My mistakes in my life, cause they are what shaped me and brings me closer to God and shows me the dependency on God we must have
- Holy Spirit guides us, shows us when we are doing wrong or corrects us to do right.
- Be able to go to Xtreme Winter with the Youth
- Got to go to summer camp with the youth
- Social media and ability to use it for good
- Godly folks who write our Sunday School lessons
- Godly folks who write our Discipleship Training lessons
- Godly folks who share their commentary
- Bible having various translations so we can get a better understanding, just use caution looking at various translations
- God’s creation and the beauty of what He created
- Things you give us we take for granted
- Blessings of others giving to us
- Blessings of others serving us
- Fellowship of other believers
- Prayer Warriors
- Men and Women who protect and service our communities
- Encouragement from other people
- Unknown blessing
- Future blessings
- Past blessings, that this list may not have covered
- People who stopped on the interstate to look at my car when it broke down
- Adam, my Sunday School Teacher
- Charlotte, my Discipleship Training teacher
- Groups of people that provide snacks on Wed for Team Kid, and Team Youth
- My sister who helps me with my daughter, although my sister says my daughter is more of a help to her.
- God’s promises
- God is a just judge
- God saved me from hell, which is what we all deserve as sinners
- Christian based Movies
- Christian concerts
- Open Doors that God blesses us with
- Closed Doors that God saves us from
- Awesome God that I serve
- Any day that I wake up
- Never failing love of God
- Heat my home when its cold
- Air my home when it is hot
- Southern hospitality
- Churches that can get together in unity
- My knowledge
- Answered Prayers
- Unanswered Prayers
It is only when we show gratification to God daily that we can transform Thanksgiving into Thanks living. So let’s remember to show God how much we are thankful for what he does in our lives; the good or bad, on a daily bases and if not that, several times or more throughout the day.
Categories: Andersonville Theological Seminary Bible Christian Church Educational Encouragement Evangelism Family Forgiveness God Grace Healing Health & Fitness Heaven Hell Holy Spirit Jesus Christ Love Misc Operation Christmas Child Pastor Sickness Sin Spiritual Gifts Sports Study Testimonials Thanksgiving The Life Book Theology True Love Waits Weather Witnessing Worship Youth
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.